My sister is expecting baby #3 and she recently found out the gender. After having two boys she was convinced that she was having another boy. She felt like she was “born to be a boy mom” and “the universe wants her to have boys”. Well we’re so happy to find out that she’s having a girl!
So naturally, I started thinking of all the cute Silhouette Cameo projects I could make for this little princess. Typically I don’t feel like I’m super creative to come up with my own designs when it comes to adding cute characters or symbols (I’m only creative with fonts/words) but I felt like this design was worth sharing.
First, I’m using my Silhouette Studio to create this design and my Silhouette Cameo 3 to cut out my finished work.
- Create your design. Since this little girl is going to have two big brothers I wanted to do something incorporating bows and brothers, so I decided on “Bows and Big Bros” using font Astereiska.
NOTE: this font is extremely thin which will make weeding the vinyl very difficult. To make the font thicker I create a slight offset (0.03). Once you’ve applied the offset, click and drag out the original font and now you have a thicker version of your original font.
- Format the words in a way that pleases you.
- Now that the Bows and Big Bros was been created it’s time to girly it up. I decided to put a bow and some stars/shapes. Because it’s too hard to explain in writing, I found this awesome video on youtube by The Rhinestone World that illustrates how to layer two different colored vinyls without the vinyls overlapping. Follow this method to layer a bow of your choice over the letter B.
- Then take some stars and varying shapes and place them around your design until you’re happy with the design.
- Once you’re design is complete, flip the design so it looks backwards.
- Send to cut and let your machine do the work. Once complete, weed the excess vinyl, place design on your onsie and iron. Than your work is complete!
I can’t wait to see my sweet little niece in this onsie!
You must be logged in to post a comment.