I’m currently 34 weeks pregnant with my second baby. We’re having another boy so I don’t need much since I have mostly everything from my first child.
For this post I’m leaving out diapers since those are kind of a given. I also haven’t purchased any baby clothing because I have so much baby boy clothing, both used and a lot still with tags from my first son. I also have all the major items such as a carseat, stroller, bassinet, crib, etc.
I’ll start by saying that I made a baby registry at both Amazon and BuyBuyBaby so I could receive the 15% off discount because who doesn’t like discounts?! I also had a $50 Target gift card.
Products for Baby
- Zutano Cozie Fleece Baby Booties: These are seriously a lifesaver when it comes to the sock battle! No more losing socks in the washer or slipping off your baby’s feet. I seriously love these booties! My sister let me borrow a pair from her children when I had my first child so I had to buy a new pair for my second child. I purchased these from Amazon (color black, size 3 months). Total $21.00 before 15% off baby registry discount.
- Puracy Baby Shampoo & Natural Body Wash: I used this product for my first son. I love the smell! That’s mostly the reason why I’m purchasing it again but it’s also perfect for sensitive skin and tear free. This comes in a 2-pack both 16oz bottles. Purchased on Amazon. Total $20.99 before 15% off baby registry discount.
- UPPAbaby VISTA Lower & Upper Stroller Adapters: I registered for the 2018 UPPAbaby VISTA stroller for my first child with the thought that it converts into a double stroller for future children. To convert to a double stroller using the toddler seat and bassinet (will buy the rumble seat at a later time when baby #2 is old enough) you need the upper and lower stroller adapters. Both items were purchased on Amazon. Upper adapters total $19.99 before 15% off baby registry discount. Lower adapters total $24.99 before 15% off baby registry discount.
- Aden by Aden + Anais Denim Wash Cotton Muslim Blanket: I got my first son one of these blankets for his stroller and I just love how soft it is. I also love the material and thickness of it. So I figured I’d get baby #2 one as well so they both have their own blanket. Total $34.99 before 15% off baby registry discount at BuyBuyBaby.
- 4moms mamaRoo 4 Classic Infant Seat: This was my big splurge for baby #2 since I didn’t need much this time. Ive heard mixed reviews on this swing but I wanted to try it. We plan on having a third child so I don’t feel like its going to go to waste. Total $219.99 before20% off BuyBuyBaby coupon.
- WubbaNub Giraffe Pacifier: I use pacifiers because it reduces the risk of SIDS but I don’t introduce a pacifier until I’ve established a good breastfeeding routine. I like the WubbaNub because I’m less likely to lose it (haha!). Total $13.99. Purchased with Target gift card.
For Mom | Pregnancy & Postpartum
- Earth Mama Organic Nipple Butter: I love this stuff because it’s lanolin free. No need to wipe/clean your breast/nipples before breastfeeding. It’s safe for baby and it works wonders in soothing and healing your nipples. Purchased on Amazon, total $11.42 before 15% off baby registry discount.
- Haakaa Manual Breast Pump: I didn’t have this with my first child but I’ve heard so many wonderful things that I wanted to give it a try this go around. Purchased on Amazon, total $12.94 before 15% off baby registry discount.
- Annyison Women Panties 5pk: Though not the most attractive, these are seriously the most comfortable things I’ve worn in a while. They’re high wasted so perfect if you are having a c-section. They’re meant for postpartum but I wear them during pregnancy as well. Purchased on Amazon, total $24.99 before $15% off baby registry discount.
- 3-1 Postpartum Support-Recovery Belt: I didn’t wear a support/recovery belt after my first pregnancy but my sister said that this really helped her so I figured I’d give it a try. Purchased on Amazon, total $22.95 before 15% off baby registry discount.
- Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads 100ct.: It never hurts to have these on hand! $13.95 before tax. Used Target gift card for purchase.
- Lansinoh Milk Storage Bags 100ct.: I love these bags because of the easy pour, lay flat freeze, and double seal to prevent leaks. I pumped a lot at the beginning to help relieve engorgement.
- Pregnancy Clothing: Before COVID-19, I went to my local mall and purchased some maternity/nursing clothing from Motherhood at a 70% off discount because of the store closing. I just purchased basic items, plain shirts, leggings, jeans to get me through this pregnancy. I also received two 4 piece pajama sets from Costco. One set to use during this pregnancy and one set to use during my hospital stay.
I have been nesting like crazy this week but I feel like I have everything I need which is a total shock. Maybe this COVID-19 shelter-in-place is actually a blessing because I’m extremely organized and already packed for the hospital!
I hope all the parents are doing well during this crazy time!