I am having my first non-family guest visiting so I’m trying to create a guest room in the third bedroom which is primarily used as my husbands office. For starters the third room was my older sons but he now shares with his little brother because he’s 3 and he doesn’t need his own room.
So now that I’m on a quick timeframe and budget IKEA and Pinterest hacks are my biggest friend. Thank goodness for other creatives out there! I came across a pin on Pinterest by Playing with Apparel where she did an IKEA hack with the 6 drawer chest/dresser. I fell absolutely in love with it and wanted to give it a try for my guest room nightstands.
I followed the pin exactly as the blogger did her dresser so for exact steps on how to accomplish this look click here.
Here’s what I purchased:
– 2x IKEA Tarva nightstands
– 1 qt. Varathane in Early American from Home Depot
– IKEA Gribbol Knobs in black
Here’s the end result and I am so proud that this wasn’t a total Pinterest fail!
– I originally wanted to save a little extra by using the IKEA Rast 3-drawer chest but my local IKEA was out of stock so I spent the little extra money to get the Tarva nightstands since those were in-stock.
– Highly suggest sanding/staining before assembly as the blogger did. I assembled one nightstand first and then stained and it was harder to stain and get every spot perfectly. It’s manageable but it was definitely easier to sand/stain first than assemble.
Be sure to follow to stay up-to-date on my latest projects!
You must be logged in to post a comment.