Here’s another review for all the pregnant mamas and new parents out there in search for a baby swing/rocker.
I purchased the 4moms® mamaRoo® 4 Classic Infant Seat in Black from BuyBuyBaby. Now it’s a bit on the pricey side ($219.99) which was why I didn’t purchase it with my first son, but since I had pretty much everything I needed for my second son I figure it was my one “splurge” product for this child. I’ve heard mixed reviews on this as some baby’s love it and others hate it.
I’m going my share my pros and cons list with you and let you all decide what you think is best. I’ll give my opinion at the end.
– Easy setup
– Bluetooth compatible
– Sleek and modern looking
– Various speeds/sounds/movements
– Capability to plug in your own device for different music options (adapter included)
– Easy to place child in inclined/reclined position
– Price! It’s $219.99 at BuyBuyBaby. I felt like it was a risk purchasing this because I worried my child wouldn’t like it
– It doesn’t swing: it rocks and sways. Though I knew that when I purchased it, I still figured the “sway” would be more similar to a “swinging” motion.
– Didn’t fit my newborn properly: his head would slouch forward making it look difficult to breath. I’m not sure if he was having a hard time breathing but I wasn’t about to risk it so I waited until he was a bit older before putting him in it.
– Doesn’t lay completely flat: I was say it reclines a little lower than a carseat.
So my overall opinion:
I unfortunately regret getting this. I love the concept and I love all the features, it’s easy to move around because it’s so lightweight but MY.CHILD.HATES.IT! Within 2 minutes of having him in it he starts crying. I try leaving him in it for a few extra minutes thinking he’ll self soothe because he’s just tired but no. He literally won’t stop. He’s more of a “lay me in my bassinet and I’ll put myself to sleep” kind of baby which is great but now I’m $220 (plus tax) down the drain.
My suggestion is maybe borrowing someone’s and seeing if you baby likes it or maybe purchase a used one off of Facebook Marketplace. That way you’re not wasting a lot of money for something your child might dislike. If you can afford the price of this product then I would say why not try it out! But for those who are being more financially conscious when it comes to swings/rockers this might not be the product for you.
Maybe as my son gets older he’ll learn to like it but currently as a 3 month old he hates it. I really want him to like it since it seems like a wonderful product but we’ll see.
Feel free to ask me any questions in the comments section!