I found this awesome free printable for our wedding programs via Pinterest. I loved how when it downloads it’s a Microsoft program so you can completely personalize the programs to your liking. The only things I changed was the wording and the font style. Other than that the design worked great with our wedding style!
– Heavyweight card stock. Choose a weight that you’re comfortable with. Remember the thicker the paper the harder to get a crisp fold. I used a boning tool to help create a more defined crease. My cardstock is the color ivory and purchased at Staples.
– Print/photocopy the programs. I printed one copy at home and had Staples make copies.
I combined the programs with a wand to wave instead of throwing birdseed. Unfortunately no one used the wands once we were announced Mr. and Mrs. but it was a fun piece for children to play with while formal pictures were being taken.
– Dowels: choose a width that suits your preference. I purchased mine at Walmart.
– Ribbon: I chose two different ribbons to incorporate my wedding colors.
– Bells: the bells are to help make a cute ringing noise while they’re being waved.
– Spray paint: I spray painted the dowels gold to help tie in my color scheme.
Hot glue all the items together and you have a super cute wand!
Since I had a decent size wedding (approximately 140 guests) these programs were kind of a pain to make only because I had to produce a large quantity. I would definitely recommend either a girls night with wine and create an assembly line to help get these finished in a timely manner or for a smaller sized wedding. That being said I absolutely loved my programs and if I had to do it all over again I would probably deal with the carpal tunnel and make 140 all over again!
I was looking for something comfortable, stylish, but also something more like a sandal because of our August wedding near the ocean. I thought these were perfect! These are the Champagne Grosgrain Women’s Clarissa Wedges via the Toms wedding line. I bought them online for a little over $70. Pretty inexpensive if you ask me! I love how the material goes all the way down instead of cork (which they have also if that’s your style). I feel like I can stay in these shoes all night long! I cannot wait to wear them!
My mother puchased another pair of wedding shoes and I was originally going to wear the ones she got. They’re actually the ones in my wedding photos but I didn’t actually wear them. I ended up wearing my Toms.
Here’s a slideshow of the shoes in my photos and the ones I actually wore.